Contemporary jewellery weekend
Time and location
About the event
Continue your jewellery designing and making journey with this 3 day (18 hour) intensive programme aimed at elevating your skills and confidence to a new level!
You will be encouraged to explore a range of silversmithing methods including riveting, forging and fold-forming. Over the weekend, you'll have the opportunity to create several pieces of jewellery including a sterling silver ring with a riveted gemstone bead setting, two fold-formed cuffs (a prototype using brass sheet and a final design in sterling silver), and two forged bangles (a prototype in solid brass and your final version in solid sterling silver). Supported every step of the way, your new knowledge will enable you to start designing your own articulated and sculptural jewellery pieces.
This programme is suitable for anyone who has completed our silversmithing essentials programme, sterling silver ring making or bangle making workshops, or those with some existing silversmithing experience.
What the programme includes:
- Three whole day workshops from 10am – 4pm
- Lunch, coffee, tea and snacks throughout each day
- All tools and materials to get you started, including sterling silver
- A clean, contemporary work space to create your jewellery pieces
- Personalised instruction from an experienced jewellery designer
- A complimentary glass of sparkling wine to celebrate at the end of the weekend!
What you will learn and create:
- How to fabricate a riveted gemstone ring
- How to create a perfectly fitting forged bangle
- How to design and create a fold-formed wide cuff
- How personalise your pieces by applying different textures
- You will leave with at least 3 of your own, bespoke jewellery pieces
- A wealth of new knowledge that will stay with you forever!
What you should wear and bring with you:
- Please wear casual, comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes
- Your hands will get dirty, so don't wear anything too precious
- If you have long hair, wear it in a pony tail or a bun, and
- We’ll be doing detailed work, so please bring your reading glasses
- Also, if you'd like to explore some additional design ideas over the weekend, please bring extra metal sheet and wire depending on what you would personally like to achieve, otherwise extra materials will be available to purchase in the studio.
About your tutor, Zvoni Hodak
Zvoni’s passion for making jewellery began in her early 20’s in Melbourne while working as a studio assistant for a renowned fashion jewellery designer. She later designed her own range and stocked several small boutiques as well as retail outlets like Saba. Then, following a career in business consulting in Canberra, Zvoni returned to jewellery design in 2011. More recently, she has focused her practice on silversmithing, combining both traditional and contemporary fabrication techniques to produce elegant, modern designs. Setting up the Bowral studio and workshop allows her to teach others these wonderful artisan skills, while continuing to create her own jewellery.
Just purchase a ticket to secure your place for the weekend and, once processed, you will receive an email confirmation containing all the relevant contact details, times and location. If you've already attended one or more of our workshops, please use the code SMITHY10 at checkout to get a 10% reduction on the booking fee. And, if you're a member of the SHAC (Southern Highlands Artisans Collective), you can use the code SHAC10 to also get a 10% discount on the fee! To become a member of the SHAC, just go to www.theshac.com.au to sign up.
Et voila, it's that easy! Hope to see you in the studio!
What if I can't attend after booking?
We understand that life can get in the way and plans can change. If you need to reschedule, we can provide 100% credit towards another programme if you contact us 7 or more days prior to the commencement date. Less than 3 days notice and we can provide 50% credit towards another programme. Unfortunately, we can't provide any refunds or credits if you cancel on the starting day.
And if in the unlikely event that we need to reschedule, you will be offered either a full refund or 100% credit towards another programme.
- General booking$650$6500$0
- Sold OutSHAC member booking$585$5850$0