RESERVED for Barbara and Rachel - Private tutorial day
Time and location
About the event
We'll discuss your design goals and fabrication needs and then work out an agenda to suit your needs.
What the day includes:
- A full day of focused learning
- An agenda tailored to your needs
- All tools and materials including sterling silver sheet and wire
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
Some things you might choose to learn:
- Facetted gem setting
- Making bezels with a collet block
- Forging different shapes with a hammer
- Integrating multiple components into a finished design
- Surface decoration e.g. burring, hammering, and reticulation
- Finishing for a professional look
What to wear:
- Casual, comfortable clothes and closed in shoes
- If you have long hair, please wear it back
- Bring your reading and/or magnifying glasses
- Your hands get dirty, so don’t wear any precious rings or clothing
About your facilitator: Zvoni Hodak
Hello! My passion for making jewellery began in my early 20’s in Melbourne while working as a studio assistant for a renowned jewellery designer. Then, following a career in business consulting in Canberra, I returned to jewellery making in 2011 when I moved to the beautiful Southern Highlands with my husband and creative collaborator, Phil. I use both traditional silversmithing techinqiues and newer digital technologies to produce clean, modernist pieces. I love working with natural gemstones and silver palladium, a precious metal that doesn't tarnish over time and provides a beautiful bright white canvas for my designs. I look forward to sharing my passion for jewellery making with you!
About our studio
Our studio overlooks the beautiful hills and valleys of Wildes Meadow in the Southern Highlands of NSW. You will have your own fully equipped workbench and access to a range of tools and equipment that are perfectly set up to help you learn how to make jewellery with sterling silver and other precious materials. Our emphasis is on having fun and learning in a small and collaborative group setting. The exact location of our studio will be sent to you in an email after booking.
Just get in touch (our contact details are below) to have a chat about what you'd like to learn and we'll work out a programme and a date to suit you. Then add this item to your cart and, once processed, you will receive an email confirmation of your order containing all the relevant contact details, times and location. Et voila, it's that easy!
What if I can't attend after booking?
We understand that life can get in the way and plans can change. If you need to reschedule, we can provide 100% credit towards another workshop if you contact us 7 or more days prior to the workshop date. Less than 3 days notice and we can provide 50% credit towards another workshop. If you are feeling unwell on the day of the workshop, or you have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, please stay at home. Your booking fee will be fully refunded.
And if in the unlikely event that we need to reschedule the workshop, you will be offered either a full refund or 100% credit towards another workshop.
- Workshop booking$350GST included$350GST included0$0