RESERVED for Liz and Leanne - Silver and resin workshop
Time and location
About the event
Spend a day in our studio learning how to make bright, modern jewellery pieces using sterling silver and high quality resin. This is a fun and fast-paced workshop with an emphasis on design, geometry, scale and colour. To get the most out of the day, you'll need to have some previous soldering, filing and sanding experience.
The resin we use is certified non-toxic, it has no VOCs, no fumes and no solvents. Unlike other fast-curing resins that contain hazardous compounds, this resin takes a few days to fully cure. So your resin pieces will stay in the studio at the end of the workshop, but will be ready to pick up just a few short days later.
What the day includes:
- A full day workshop in a small group setting
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- All tools and materials including sterling silver, resin and colours
- A contemporary, clean and safe work space in which to make your pieces
- A glass of champage (or soft drink) to celebrate your creations at the end of the day!
What you will learn and create:
- How to design pieces that are best suited to resin
- How to mix resin, apply colours and remove bubbles
- How to finish your resin pieces to a professional standard
- You will make 2-3 pieces of jewellery, depending on your skill level and the complexity of your designs
What to wear:
- Casual, comfortable clothes and closed in shoes
- If you have long hair, please wear it back
- Bring your reading glasses as it is detailed work
- Your hands will get dirty, so please don’t wear any precious rings or clothing
About your facilitator: Zvoni Hodak
Hello! My passion for making jewellery began in my early 20’s in Melbourne while working as a studio assistant for a renowned jewellery designer. Then, following a career in business consulting in Canberra, I returned to jewellery making in 2011 when I moved to the beautiful Southern Highlands with my husband and creative collaborator, Phil. I use both traditional silversmithing techinqiues and newer digital technologies to produce clean, modernist pieces. I love working with natural gemstones and silver palladium, a precious metal that doesn't tarnish over time and provides a beautiful bright white canvas for my designs. I look forward to sharing my passion for jewellery making with you!
About our studio
Our studio overlooks the beautiful hills and valleys of Wildes Meadow in the Southern Highlands of NSW. You will have your own fully equipped workbench and access to a range of tools and equipment that are perfectly set up to help you learn how to make jewellery with sterling silver and other precious materials. Our emphasis is on having fun and learning in a small and collaborative group setting. The exact location of our studio will be sent to you in an email after booking.
Just add this item to your cart and, once processed, you will receive an email confirmation of your order containing all the relevant contact details, times and studio location. If you've already attended one or more of our workshops, please use the code SMITHY10 at checkout to get a 10% reduction on the booking fee. And, if you're a member of the SHAC (Southern Highlands Artisans Collective), you can use the code SHAC10 to also get a 10% discount on the fee! To become a member of the SHAC, just go to www.theshac.com.au to sign up. Et voila, it's that easy! Hope to see you at the workshop!
What if I can't attend after booking?
We understand that life can get in the way and plans can change. If you need to reschedule, we can provide 100% credit towards another workshop if you contact us 7 or more days prior to the workshop date. Less than 3 days notice and we can provide 50% credit towards another workshop. Unfortunately, we can't provide any refunds or credits if you cancel on the day of the workshop.
And if in the unlikely event that we need to reschedule the workshop, you will be offered either a full refund or 100% credit towards another workshop.
- Sold OutWorkshop booking$325$3250$0