Time is TBD|
Silver ring making workshop - reserved for Clare and friends
Time and location
Time is TBD
Our studio, Kangaroo Valley NSW 2577, Australia
About this event
During this step-by-step workshop, I’ll walk you through the process of making a sterling silver ring. In the morning, we'll cover all the core skills including saw piercing, soldering, filing, sanding and finishing. After lunch, you'll have time to make a couple of additional rings, personalised with various texturing techniques. You'll have your own fully equipped workbench with everything you need to create your pieces.
What the day includes:
- Whole day workshop for 4 people
- All tools, equipment and materials including sterling silver
- Personalised instruction from an experienced jewellery maker
- A clean, contemporary studio in a beautiful country setting
- Lunch and light refreshments throughout the day
- A glass of bubbly to celebrate at the end of the day!
What to wear and bring with you:
- Please wear casual, comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes
- Your hands will get dirty, so please don't wear any precious jewellery
- If you have long hair, please wear it in a pony tail or a bun, and
- We’ll be doing detailed work, so don't forget to bring your reading glasses.
About your facilitator: Zvoni Hodak
I have a Bachelor of Visual Arts from the Australian National University. My passion for making jewellery began in my early 20s but I only became really serious in pursuing it as a career in 2018 when I established my first professional studio. Since then, I've had the pleasure to teach precious metal jewellery making to over 150 students. I use both traditional silversmithing techinqiues and newer digital technologies to produce clean, modernist pieces. I love working with natural gemstones, gold, and silver with platinum. I look forward to sharing my passion for jewellery with you!
About our studio
Our studio overlooks the beautiful Kangaroo Valley escarpment in the Shoalhaven region of NSW. You will have your own fully equipped workbench and access to a range of professional tools and equipment that are perfectly set up to help you learn how to make jewellery with sterling silver and other precious materials. Our emphasis is on having fun and learning in a small and collaborative group setting.
The workshop booking fee includes 6 hours of tuition plus lunch, refreshments and sterling silver costs