SOLD OUT - Sterling silver bangle workshop - Apr 2019
Time and location
About the event
Bangles have been worn as part of human culture for tens of thousands of years. The earliest instance of a bangle was discovered in Siberia and is believed to be an incredible 40,000 years old. While ancient bangles were usually made of terracotta, stone, copper, glass and other materials, in this workshop you will learn how to make your own bangles in sterling silver.
During this step-by-step workshop, I’ll walk you through the process of making round or oval hammered bangles and a forged cuff that will rest perfectly on your wrist. We'll cover off some of the most fundamental techniques used in silversmithing with an emphasis on measuring, forming, texturing, and finishing to a professional standard.
This workshop is a perfect introduction to silver jewellery making, you don't need any previous experience to attend, and you will leave with a wealth of knowledge at the end of the day!
What the day includes:
- Whole day workshop from 10am – 4pm
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- All tools, equipment and materials including sterling silver
- A clean, contemporary work space to create your sterling silver bangles
- Personalised instruction from an experienced jewellery designer
- A complimentary glass of sparkling wine to celebrate at the end of the day!
What you will learn and create:
- How to fabricate precious metal bangles and a cuff
- How to personalise your bangles through hammered textures
- You will leave with 2-3 of your own, bespoke sterling silver bangles
- A unique learning experience that will stay with you forever!
What you should wear and bring with you:
- Please wear casual, comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes
- Your hands will get dirty, so please don't wear anything too precious
- If you have long hair, please wear it in a pony tail or a bun, and
- We’ll be doing detailed work, so please bring your reading glasses.
About your tutor, Zvoni Hodak
Zvoni’s passion for making jewellery began in her early 20’s in Melbourne while working as a studio assistant for a renowned fashion jewellery designer. She later designed her own range and stocked several small boutiques as well as retail outlets like Saba. Then, following a career in business consulting in Canberra, Zvoni returned to jewellery design in 2011. More recently, she has focused her practice on silversmithing, combining both traditional and contemporary fabrication techniques to produce elegant, modern designs. Setting up the Bowral studio and workshop allows her to teach others these wonderful artisan skills, while continuing to create her own jewellery.
Just add this item to your cart and, once processed, you will receive an email confirmation of your order containing all the relevant contact details, times and location. Et voila, it's as easy as that! Hope to see you at the workshop!
What if I can't attend after booking?
We understand that life can get in the way and plans can change. If you need to reschedule, we can provide 100% credit towards another workshop if you contact us 7 or more days prior to the workshop date. Less than 3 days notice and we can provide 50% credit towards another workshop. Unfortunately, we can't provide any refunds or credits if you cancel on the day of the workshop.
And if in the unlikely event that we need to reschedule the workshop, you will be offered either a full refund or 100% credit towards another workshop.
- Workshop booking$280$2800$0