Sat, 12 Mar|
Sterling silver rings workshop
Make your own personalised sterling silver rings in a modern, fully equipped studio surrounded by nature
Time and location
12 Mar 2022, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm AEDT
Our studio, Kangaroo Valley NSW 2577, Australia
About this event
From minimalist bands to organic shapes and ornate stone settings, rings open up infinite design possibilities. During this step-by-step workshop, I’ll walk you through the process of making a simple sterling silver ring band. We'll cover all the core skills including saw piercing, soldering, filing, sanding and finishing. You’ll then have time to make additional rings, personalised with various texturing techniques. At the end of the day, you'll take home two or three sterling silver rings created with your own hands!
What the day includes:
- Whole day workshop from 9:30am – 4pm
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- All tools, equipment and materials including sterling silver
- A small group of up to 5 people to ensure you get focussed attention
- Personalised instruction from an experienced jewellery maker
- A clean, contemporary studio in a gorgeous country setting
- A unique experience that will stay with you forever!
What you will learn and create:
- How to measure and make a precious metal ring band
- How to personalise your rings through embossing and texture
- How to sand, file and finish your rings to a professional standard
- You will leave with 2-3 of your own personalised sterling silver rings
What you should wear and bring with you:
- Please wear casual, comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes
- Your hands will get dirty, so please don't wear anything too precious
- If you have long hair, please wear it in a pony tail or a bun, and
- We’ll be doing detailed work, so please bring your reading glasses.
About your tutor, Zvoni Hodak
My passion for making jewellery began in my early 20’s in Melbourne while working as a studio assistant for a renowned jewellery designer. Then, following a career in business consulting in Canberra, I returned to jewellery making in 2011 when I moved to this beautiful part of the world with my husband and creative collaborator, Phil. I use both traditional silversmithing techinqiues and newer digital technologies to produce clean, modernist pieces. I love working with natural gemstones and silver with platinum, a precious metal that doesn't tarnish and provides a beautiful bright white canvas for my designs. I look forward to sharing my passion for jewellery making with you!
About our studio
Our studio is nestled in the Kangaroo Valley of NSW within easy reach of the village centre and with views of the surrounding mountains and escarpment. You will have your own fully equipped workbench and access to a range of professional tools and equipment. Our emphasis is on having fun and learning in a small and collaborative group setting. The exact location of our studio will be sent to you in an email after booking.
Just add this item to your cart and, once processed, you will receive an email confirmation of your order containing all the relevant contact details, times and studio location. Et voila, it's that easy! Hope to see you at the workshop!
What if I can't attend after booking?
If you need to reschedule, we can provide 100% credit towards another workshop if you contact us 7 or more days prior to the workshop date. Less than 3 days notice and we can provide 50% credit towards another workshop. And if (in the unlikely event) we need to reschedule the workshop, you will be offered either a full refund or 100% credit to use towards another workshop.
Important: If you are feeling unwell on the day of the workshop, or you have been in contact with a confirmed COVID case, please stay at home. Your booking fee will be fully refunded.
The workshop booking fee includes 6.5 hours of tuition, all tools and materials, plus lunch and refreshments throughout the day$350.00Sold Out
This event is sold out