Sat, 23 Apr|
Silver and resin workshop
Learn how to bring colour to your sterling silver jewellery pieces by using non-toxic resin in your designs
Time and location
23 Apr 2022, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Our studio, Kangaroo Valley NSW 2577, Australia
About this event
Spend a day in our studio learning how to make bright, modern jewellery pieces using sterling silver and high quality resin. This is a fun and fast-paced workshop with an emphasis on design, geometry, scale and colour. To get the most out of the day, you'll need to have some basic soldering, filing and sanding experience.
The resin we use is certified non-toxic, it has no VOCs, no fumes and no solvents. Unlike other fast-curing resins that contain hazardous compounds, this resin takes a few days to fully cure. So your resin pieces will stay in the studio at the end of the workshop, but will be ready to pick up just a few short days later.
What the day includes:
- Whole day workshop from 9:30am – 4pm
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- All tools and materials including sterling silver, resin and colours
- A small group of up to 5 people to ensure you get focussed attention
- Personalised instruction from an experienced jewellery maker
- A clean, contemporary studio in a gorgeous country setting
What you will learn and create:
- How to design pieces that are best suited to resin
- How to mix resin, apply colours and remove bubbles
- How to finish your resin pieces to a professional standard
- You will make 2-3 pieces of jewellery, depending on your skill level and the complexity of your designs
What to wear:
- Please wear casual, comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes
- Your hands will get dirty, so please don't wear anything too precious
- If you have long hair, please wear it in a pony tail or a bun, and
- We’ll be doing detailed work, so please bring your reading glasses.
About your facilitator: Zvoni Hodak
My passion for making jewellery began in my early 20’s in Melbourne while working as a studio assistant for a renowned jewellery designer. Then, following a career in business consulting in Canberra, I returned to jewellery making in 2011 when I moved to the beautiful Southern Highlands with my husband and creative collaborator, Phil. I use both traditional silversmithing techinqiues and newer digital technologies to produce clean, modernist pieces. I love working with natural gemstones and silver palladium, a precious metal that doesn't tarnish over time and provides a beautiful bright white canvas for my designs. I look forward to sharing my passion for jewellery making with you!
About our studio
Our studio is nestled in the Kangaroo Valley of NSW within easy reach of the village centre and with views of the surrounding mountains and escarpment. You will have your own fully equipped workbench and access to a range of professional tools and equipment. Our emphasis is on having fun and learning in a small and collaborative group setting. The exact location of our studio will be sent to you in an email after booking.
Just add this item to your cart and, once processed, you will receive an email confirmation of your order containing all the relevant contact details, times and studio location. Et voila, it's that easy! Hope to see you at the workshop!
What if I can't attend after booking?
If you need to reschedule, we can provide 100% credit towards another workshop if you contact us 7 or more days prior to the workshop date. Less than 3 days notice and we can provide 50% credit towards another workshop. And if (in the unlikely event) we need to reschedule the workshop, you will be offered either a full refund or 100% credit to use towards another workshop.
Important: If you are feeling unwell on the day of the workshop, or you have been in contact with a confirmed COVID case, please stay at home. Your booking fee will be fully refunded.
The workshop booking fee includes 6 hours of tuition, all your sterling silver and resin costs, plus lunch and refreshments throughout the day$350.00